Thursday, July 21, 2011

Unusual Gift Wrapping

I love getting or making gifts for my friends, wrapping them up and surprising them. The biggest surprise is their faces after seeing their gifts beautifully wrapped in duct tape.  
 
I usually love colors and such but I the normal gray duct tape was all I had to wrapped my little brother Patrick's graduation gift. Totally cute right? First things first though, make sure you place the gift in a box first. Doesn't matter what box or how ever ugly it may be. No one is going to see how the box looks.
As a contrast to the gray duct tape, I used black electrical tape to create the ribbon. Also bejeweled it with glue on jewels. I do collect a lot of Hello Kitty and Sanrio product, so I always end up saving the tags and using them as gifting to and from labels. I glue blank pieces of paper to the back of the price tag to cover the bar-code or any prices showing, cutting off the edges of extra paper around the price tag. Use the blank page to write the to and from label. I like using metal and silver objects to give my crafts a rock & roll edge so I used a silver safety pin to attach the tag to the gift ribbon.

Comes in handy when you don't have any wrapping paper available. A nice and cute, creative way to wrap a gift. Once all if wrapped and finished, the fun begins. Have fun watching your friends try to open you duct tape gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment